Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentine

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day, so today I am celebrating with my students. I brought in those cheap Valentine cards and candy that elementary school kids give out. The ones I got are dog-themed and have pictures of dogs saying things like, "I'm yours fur-ever," and "You're the pick of the litter, Valentine!" I figured my students never got to have elementary school Valentine's Day, so I'm giving them all the cards and candy. 

One class down, two to go. In my first class, I was giving a quiz, so I gave them the candy first so they wouldn't hate me so much. And then one of them wrote the cutest thing ever at the bottom of her quiz:

Dear Emily (decorated with hearts and smiley faces)
HAPPY VALENTINE (more hearts)
Thank you always. (flower)
I love you and your class.
I heart you (flower, and she actually spelled out "heart")

I heart her too! See, this is why I teach. Because sometimes the students are mind-blowingly awesome.

I also got candy from another student, which was really sweet. I might get more before the end of the day, because international students, especially those from eastern Asia, are often big gift-givers. It's a nice perk of this job. But the "I heart you" totally made my day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment